Friday, October 22, 2010

Decisions Decisions

Doesn't it sometimes feel like we are all always looking for that one perfect product? I have one friend who is always buying new blush- striving for the perfect glow. I have another friend who has a trash can filled to the brim with discarded mascara in search of the best lash. And of course- the ideal concealer is something that eludes many.

Well lately I have a new product I am constantly hunting. For the first time in my life - I need foundation. Now truth be told, I have dabbled with foundation in the past. But I have always been lucky enough to use it only on special occasions or for when I really wanted to look polished. However with my twenties further and further in the rear view mirror - the reality is that my skin needs a little help.

Now mind you, I know that I am lucky. For the most part, I am not dealing with super deep lines or sun spots or acne scars or any of the other myriad of skin issues that women face. My biggest issue is splotchy skin. I crossed 30 and all of a sudden I was a little more red around the nose and a little uneven overall. Suddenly, my usual powder and concealer combo was not working. It was time for something a bit more serious. I have used mineral foundation in the past and had great success but I am feeling liquid is my future.

So here I am - in search of something that will allow my skin to show through but will still even me out.

The first thing I purchased was this...


Stila One Step Correct - $36 (Sephora and online at multiple sites)

I have been using it for a couple of weeks. I like that it is a primer that addresses many skin issues. However, I am not totally impressed. I think that there are better primers out there for less money. I don't feel it evens me out all that much and while I do like the moisturizing feel - I am not loving its work on lines or pores. Regardless, I am willing to stick with this primer for a bit longer. At least until I can see what this primer mixed with the right foundation accomplishes.


Now for the real issue....

The reason I am in a deep quest at the moment is because I cannot get my hands on this....


My long time favorite. But Prescriptives, alas is no more and my shade of Traceless is sold out on line and everywhere else I have checked.



So in a quest to find a new fave for natural coverage - these are the two new foundations I am going to try:


1 - Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation SPF 15 - $45 (Sephora and online at multiple sites)


This little bottle promises exactly what I am looking for - "invisible, lightweight coverage that looks like skin, not makeup." If that statement is true - I have found my new best friend.
My second option if good ol' Bobbi Brown fails?

2 - Smashbox High Definition Healthy FX Foundation SPF 15 - $38 (Sephora and online at multiple sites)



I love Smashbox and am currently a huge fan of this...so I have high hopes for this foundation as well - even though I am going to give Bobbi Brown the first draft slot.



So wish my luck BGNDers....and tell me what products are you constantly hunting for?

And of course - check back in with me to see how these foundations held up....

Keep looking fabulous,
BGND

No comments: