Monday, November 16, 2009

Freebie Fun!

So this weekend when exiting the movie theater with my lovely significant other, a shiny blue package was shoved into my hands. I immediately thought that whatever this was would end up one of two places - the garbage or the bottom of the family junk drawer. However when I looked down..I saw that this was not a flier or some odd new candy treat I was being handed - it was a sample of the best kind of freebie- a beauty freebie!!

Dove Intense Damage Therapy Shampoo and Conditioner - $4.77 each (Online and nationwide at mass retailers)

So there I was holding 5 FREE SAMPLES!!! of both the shampoo and conditioner - who am I not to give them a try? Well today in the shower I braved these new sweet smelling hair products and I was pleasantly surprised. I have never been a big fan of Dove shampoo and conditioner- I have found it to be more fragrance than substance. However, this newer version of their product performed decently well on its first outing.

It is winter time so my hair is on the dry side...as a result it literally sucked up the moisture in this "therapy" shampoo. In fact, the shampoo had that feeling of more a shampoo/conditioner combo than it did pure shampoo. It was sudsy and it lathered well but my hair felt smooth and soft- almost conditioned after the wash. The conditioner was pretty standard.

So my final thoughts on this freebie? Good at first use- definitely worth a try in the winter. However, I would be concerned on hair like mine (fine and wispy) that this product would be too heavy over time. However, if you have coarse or thick hair I think this could be just what the hair doctor ordered.

All in all, I think perhaps I will give this a go for a few days in a row to see what the buildup is like on fine hair and if it is too much for a regular everyday shampoo/conditioner- this will have a spot as a once a week treat for my winter dry hair.

And good news - if you are interested in trying these Dove products out - drugstore.com is having a buy 1, get 1 50% off sale....click here for all the details.

Happy Monday and keep looking fab,
BGND

No comments: